Nigela Sativa is an annual flowering plant native e to south and southwest Asia.
The black seed is used for treating digestive tract conditions including gas, colic, diarrhea, dysentery, constipation and hemorrhoids.
The fruit is a large and inflated capsule composed of united follicles, each one containing numerous seeds which are proven to have many health benefits.
It’s also used for:
• Respiratory conditions including asthma, allergies, cough, bronchitis, emphysema, flu, suine flu and congestion
The anti-inflammatory, anti- spasmodic effects of the black seed oil reduces the intensity of the asthma symptoms.
• For lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, treating cancer and boosting the immune system;
• It´s also used for birth control, to start menstruation and to increase milk.
• It´s used in combination with Cystine, vitamin E and saffron to ease the side effects of a chemotherapy drug called cisplatin.
• Prevents Post-Surgical Adhesions: Covering peritoneal surfaces with Nigella sativa oil (NSO) after peritoneal trauma is effective in decreasing peritoneal adhesion formation in an experimental model;
• Prevents Morphine Dependence/Toxicity: An alcohol extract of nigella sativa reduces morphine-associated conditioned place preference, an indication of morphine intoxication, dependence and tolerance.;
• Prevents Kidney Damage Associated with Diabetes: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has protective effects on experimental diabetic nephropathy;
• Prevents Radiation Damage: Nigella sativa oil (NSO) and its active component, thymoquinone, protect brain tissue from radiation-induced nitrosative stress;
• Exhibits Anti-Psoriasis Properties: The alcohol extract of nigella sativa seeds exhibit anti-psoriatic activity, consistent with its medicinal use in traditional medicine;
• Prevents Brain Pathology Associated with Parkinson’s Disease: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa protects cultured neurons against αSN-induced synaptic toxicity, a pathology observed in the brains of patients with Parkinson’s disease and dementia with Lewy bodies;
• Protects Against Damage from Heart Attack: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has a protective effect against damage associated with experimental heart attack;
• Prevents Alzheimer’s Associated Neurotoxicity: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has protective effects on experimental diabetic prevents neurotoxicity and Aβ1-40-induced apoptosis in the cell model;
• Suppresses Breast Cancer Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa inhibits tumor growth and induces programmed cell death (apoptosis) in a breast cancer xenograft mouse model;
• Kills Highly Aggressive Gliobastoma Brain Cancer Cells: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa exhibits glioblastoma cell killing activity;
• Kills Leukemia Cells: A thymoquinone from nigella sativa induces mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia in vitro;
• Suppresses Liver Cancer Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa prevents chemically-induced cancer in a rat model.